Basic Cayce Diet
The following summary describes the Basic Cayce
Diet recommended for healing and health maintenance for most people. These
diet concepts provide a framework for meal planning.
Edgar Cayce frequently emphasized the importance of maintaining
a proper acid-alkaline balance by eating mostly alkaline forming foods.
A comprehensive list of foods is included in this section. The following
summary will give you a quick overview of acid and alkaline-forming foods.
Alkaline-Forming Foods (80% of the daily diet should contain
Acid-Forming Foods (20% of the daily diet should contain these
- All vegetables except dried beans, lentils, asparagus tips, and garbanzos.
- All fresh fruits except cranberries, plums, olives, prunes, and blueberries
(preserves and canned fruits are usually acid-forming).
- Almonds, chestnuts, Brazil nuts, and hazelnuts.
FOOD COMBINATIONS TO AVOID
- All meats except beef juice and bone meal.
- All grains, cereals, and bakery products except for soybeans.
- All dairy except buttermilk, yogurt, raw milk and whey.
- Peanuts, pecans, and walnuts.
Certain food combinations are difficult to digest and may
cause problems in the digestive system. Here is a brief list of food combinations
- Two or more starchy foods at the same meal.
- Sugary foods and starchy foods.
- Milk and citrus fruit or juice.
- Cereals and citrus fruit or juice.
- Large quantities of starchy foods with meat or cheese.
- Coffee with milk or cream.
- Raw apples with other foods.
A TYPICAL DAY'S MENU
Using the laminated Basic Diet sheet as a guide, develop
a variety of daily menus which suit your taste and conform to the dietary principles
in this section. Here is a simple outline for a typical day's menu:
Either citrus fruit, or cooked or dry cereal.
Raw vegetable salad with dressing or fruit salad.
Steamed vegetables served with fish, poultry or lamb.
Proper food preparation is important to preserve nutrients
and avoid toxicity. Here are some suggestions:
ATTITUDES AND EMOTIONS
- Steam vegetables in their own juices (i.e., patapar
- Never fry foods.
- Use fresh, locally grown vegetables and fruits whenever possible.
- Avoid aluminum cookware.
Edgar Cayce stated that even the most nutritious foods can
turn to poison in the system if eaten while a person is in a negative frame
of mind. Never eat when angry, worried or extremely tired.
|The information within cayce.com does not constitute advice and is not intended to medically prescribe or promote the sale of any product, nor is it intended to replace qualified medical care.|